Excerpt from our Lake Shannon – West End tours series.
(Click HD and expand icon in lower right corner)
expires in 30 days
On-Markets: Lake Shannon neighboorhood
Just Lakefront Homes: All area lakes
Not all homes on market are in the public link. As always, not all do I recommend. If you’d like more specifics from my perspective, click please.
If you’re a seller and would like some comparable solds to evaluate your home let me know. I’ll get going.
copyright 2020 do not use without permission
Dock & lift out, blow out sprinkler lines, drain hoses, turn off o/s spigots, clean gutters.
- The inboard
- Covered in detail on this post: https://lakeshannon.net/2016/10/26/winterizing-your-inboard-boat/
- In spring: disable fuel/ignition before attempting to start engine. This will allow the oil to prime as indicated by the manufacturer.
- Synthetic only.. why??? Shear strength .. helps if over heat… Valvoline vr1 or Mobil 1 15w50.. throw in some hyperlube zinc replacement. Motorcraft ok, but I like WIX or Napa platinum..
- The outboard:
- pull prop, grease
- add stabilizer to fuel, run till stall
- fog cyl’s
- pull/ charge batt
- change oil/ filter
- add lube to lower unit ?
- tilt down to drain, then tilt up
- The PWC:
- fill oil tank to prevent condensate
- antifreeze the lines – pull, fill, turn over engine, pull refill
- add gas stabilizer to fuel, then run engine w/ gas off until stall
- fog cyl’s
- pull battery, give a pre-winter charge before storing.
- tilt to prevent water freezing in foot trays